17 janvier 2006

horoscope

You're in the zone and can grasp legions of data that would ordinarily stymie a platoon of analysts. It's the perfect time to plan out your next several moves -- either on your current project or in terms of your career.

i am NOT making this up, hahah!

i'm done matching all the questionnaires i got... and i'm still waiting for one school... not done entering the data though...

oh, and this morning i finally reached that one school that wanted to meet with me this thursday for a job interview (i had a wrong number)... they were supposed to tell me if it was a phone interview or if i had to actually go there (new york) and never did... so the lady told me that i had to go there... but was kind enough to change the date of the interview to the 31st. they'll pay for the trip. i don't know if i'll fly in and out on the same day or spend a night there. thank goodness i didn't have to go there on thursday though!

ok, i need to go find a plane ticket now...

2 commentaires:

At 1/18/2006 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

An interview, rather than a campus visit. Sounds too short to be a campus visit, but it's odd for them to insist on you visiting there and coming back the next morning. Of course, people can do anything they want

 
At 1/18/2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Well, it is not odd to me. My visit with CUNY Staten Island last year seems similar to what Lucie has described. I flew into Newark in the evening (with an exciting taxi accident which I luckily survived), had an interview for one and half an hour (a presentation of my scholarship, a mini-teaching demonstration, and questions) in the morning, a campus tour, and a visit to the dean's office. My lunch with a few search committee members concluded my visit. Even half a day can be just enough for the department to get a sense of you and you about the school.

Probably Lucie can ask them for an itinerary of the visit as well as what exactly is expected in the interview. I thought Staten Island just wanted to give me an interview before I went there. And then after everybody (around 10 faculty members plus me) was sited, I was told that I could start my presentation. I was shocked for two seconds, and thanks to so much practice with talking about my stuff through MLA interviews, I collected my mind and babbled for 20 minutes on my scholarship. They did not want me eventually, probably because they have Sarah Benesch there already, and that is ok.

Again, relax and enjoy it, Lucie. You will do it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison