03 avril 2006

ready to be done!

i can't take it anymore! i have one month to finish everything!!! margie will return my chapters 2, 4, 5, 6, and maybe even 7 tomorrow and then i'll have a fun time making billions of revisions... and i have to write my final chapter. i am so sick of all this!

today, i worked on my appendixes. appendices?? did you know that my appendix G is 49 pages long? Appendix D is about 20 pages, and F is about 30... tables tables tables tables numbers numbers numbers numbers!

margie said, on friday, that she liked my chapters 2 and 4. i don't like 5 and 6 and she probably won't either. i like 7.

i just want to be done!!!!!!

what else is new? i'm anxiously waiting for news about my work permit. i know it's too early but i'm still anxious. my parents will come on the 27th of july to help me move and also for my sister's baby (due the 2nd) and my graduation (on the 5th). i booked a couple of hotel rooms for us since i'll be out of my appartment after the 31st of july! crazy! i want to have a big dinner with friends on the 4th (if i can make it, i'll have to drive 10 hours that day to come back to lafayette) and then a dinner just with my parents on the 5th. i don't think i've been with them alone in a long, long time. ... and then i'll drive 10 hours back "home" on the 6th. crazy!

5 commentaires:

At 4/03/2006 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Two practical suggestions:

1. Using 1.5 space will significantly reduce the weight as well as the cost of your dissertation. That is what I did with mine.

2. Some apartment complexes allow you to stay a few more days for a certain fee after your lease ends. That will be much cheaper than the cost of a few days in a hotel. Maybe yours allows that.

 
At 4/03/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger lucie a dit:

hi xiaoye:

thanks for your suggestions. unfortunately, my whole dissertation is already 1.5 spaced and the appendixes are single spaced!

i have asked the people at my place if i could stay a few more day and i know they would have done it and even for free because i've been here for four years, but management changed a few weeks ago and all the nice people i knew left :( so now they tell me "nope, it's the rule, it's $150 per day, blah blah.." bad timing, my fault!

 
At 4/03/2006 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Is it possible to buy a plane ticket instead of spending all that time driving?

 
At 4/03/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger lucie a dit:

scott: yes, except that i have to pick up my dad in detroit on my way up, pick up my mom (who's stayed with my sister while my dad helps me move in) on my way down for the graduation ceremony, and drop both my parents there on my way back after graduation... so i guess no... as my mom said, why try to make it simple when we can make it complicated ;)

 
At 4/03/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Too bad that your landlord is not nice. But staying in a hotel in Lafayette is not that expensive either. Last summer, I used priceline.com to bid a place to stay for a few nights after my lease ends on July 31t. I quoted 40 dollars a night and was offered a suite in a suite hotel right by Meijer off I-65. The suite is big enough for a family of three or four! Any time after the commencement period in May will be good for bidding. After living in W. Lafayette for five years, I seem to have collected a large bag of small tricks:-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison