06 mars 2006

tesol

when people ask me what i'm doing for spring break i tell them that i'm going to florida... and everyone's jealous... huhuh... but really, i don't think it's going to be much fun, except that i love to see old friends. on thursday evening, i have exactly three meetings at the same time! on thursday and friday mornings, i am starting one presentation and before the end of that presentation i have to run to another one (in another hotel of course) to present there too, before the end! that's the kind of fun i'm going to have all week. great spring break :)

the great thing about it is that after this conference, things should get a little easier. easier with tesol, that is, because then the dissertation's waiting for me impatiently and my cat's having surgery... yeah...

i've asked for a summer research grant so i don't have to work this summer and can finish my dissertation on time, and i'm also asking for two travel grants for tesol. hopefully i'll get a couple of dollars.

i wrote to the intensive program administrators whose students participated in my study and asked them how much i owed them for the thousands of photocopies they made for me. good thing i'm getting some tax money back and the second half of my tirf grant soon, because that a looooooot of photocopies! i also asked them if they were going to tesol so i could meet them in person and thank them for their help with my project. some of them are. i've really enjoyed meeting some of them at other conferences already.

got a phone call from quebec tonight. things are so complicated in my life right now, it's incredible! the good thing about it is that i write a lot and i cook a lot. oh, and i learned that it's too late to "register" for the graduation ceremony in may... my parents will be happy, they'll be able to come to the august ceremony if my sis doesn't have her baby right that day, hehe!

ok, back to research question 3, statement 18...

2 commentaires:

At 3/06/2006 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

I can feel your light-heartedness. :-) Let's have a toast at TESOL.

 
At 3/06/2006 10:43 PM, Blogger lucie a dit:

xiaoye: will you be going to tesol?? if so, we HAVE to meet sometime and chat. i miss you sooooo much!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison