26 juin 2006

la suite...

working on the few revisions i needed to make to my dissertation, printing the final stuff, and today, i'll go have it binded. working also on the report i need to send to each of the participating school director, and on the article i want to send to TQ. and then i'm packing too, of course.

i still need to:

- send the paperwork about graduation + the work permit + new address to the lawyer
- get a certified check in canadian dollars for first month's rent
- get my driving records from the DMV
- call aol
- type and print (3 copies) my two lists of boxes (1. what's in the truck, 2. what comes with me)
- get the cats' health certificates
- call my car insurence
- send 20 postcards (devinette)
- call the power company
- find someone to clean before i leave the country
- say goodbye to 200 people
- get an internet connection in canada
- write chapter 1 of the book
- get the graduation stuff ordered and verified
- clean and empty my office

- have the oil/filter + tires checked on my car and change the windshield wipers
- send individual report about my research to all administrators
- call my phone/internet provider
- call the school about health insurence
- return fox' dissertation and margie's books
- buy an air mattress
- work on book proposal and send call for chapters asap!
- check what's going on with the nnest interview
- call the credit bureau
- close my many banks accounts except for one
- cancel my many credit cards except the amex
- call amex to get a new card in canada
- email my dissertation to the two psych guys
- verify that my credit history arrived safely
- ask about how to pay my rent in july and where my mail will be kept
- send my syllabus to Adrian asap!
- buy some kind of screen for the car / cats
- have a transcript sent when i graduate
- buy mac programs while they're cheap

this list may grow longer with time...

7 commentaires:

At 6/26/2006 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

When does your lease start exactly? Is it July 1st?

Mu

 
At 6/26/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger lucie a dit:

yes, but i don't think i can be there before the 19th or the 20th of july, because the movers take my stuff on the 18th (and then i need to clean the place and drive there...). are you coming to visit? my bro will be there with me until the 10th of august i think, but after that, i hope to see you :) (and kiara, j'espere aussi!)

 
At 6/27/2006 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Well I will be in montreal all summer - no vacation - so if there is a nice festival or anything I may jump on a train and come visit you for a day or 2!

I was in capitalcity today (i met 6 persons: HR, computer stuff etc.) and a friend's friend took me for a grand tour of all the places he likes and where I could look for an appartment - it was amazing; a lot of pretty places... I hope I find something really nice there (although all that places seemed to be very expensive)...

 
At 6/28/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger lucie a dit:

it's nice that they took you on a tour like that :) it's expensive but remember: you'll finally get a decent salary!

 
At 6/30/2006 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

yeah! beh oui salaire de lecturer à compter de demain qui se transformera en un salaire encore plus mieux quand j'aurai défendu... trop bien. Je peux prendre rv chez le dentiste et acheter des bouquins aux frais de la princesse, yahooooo !!! Bon cartons ! (ici on dit faire des boites au lieu de faire de cartons :o)

 
At 6/30/2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

ah oui sinon ben je fais rien le we du 12+13 août et mon sac de couchage non plus... (toudidou....) et je peux tout aussi bien accueillir une grandbledienne à Mtl...

 
At 7/01/2006 11:12 AM, Blogger lucie a dit:

moi je sais pas, mais mon p'tit frangin peut-être ;)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison