10 juin 2006

the truth finally comes out...

my visa request was never filed. we don't know (or won't tell) who made a mistakes somewhere. so it was (re)filed on thursday afternoon (again), with a "priority" label on it, except that the person who's supposed to take care of it is on vacation for a few days. so it's like "priority after i come back from my vacation." or maybe "the person who is on vacation for a few more days will take care of it... because the rest of the people working here will be on vacation all summer."

so i still don't know when (if) i'll get that first approval.

i still don't know if i have to send my passport to detroit.

i still don't know if i can spend a few days there to find an apartment next week.

i still don't know when i can ask the movers to pick up my stuff.

i still don't know if i should ask for an extension of my apartment lease (for an extra $300).

i still don't know what my brother will do in canada for a month if i can't be there in july.

i still don't know when (if) i'll get the second approval.

i still don't know if i'll be able to start working on the 1st of august.

i could continue this list for a few pages... but it's maybe simpler to say just this one thing: I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!

2 commentaires:

At 6/12/2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

I suggest you explain the situation to both your department head and people working in the international scholars office in your university. They will figure out a way to get you out of these "problems", so you can start working there on time.

 
At 6/13/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Congratulations :o) I hope you are not too tired now and that things will be ok for the visa... I keep my fingers crossed,

Mu

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison