19 mai 2006

going crazy

today i was in my kitchen cooking a really really bad meal (it was bound to happen some day!), and i suddenly felt the urge to just jump into my car and leave my cornfield and drive, drive, drive, until i'd find civilization again, normal people, good restaurants, culture, french tv, life. i am so sick of waiting i could cry. i look at my bookshelves and the huge mess all over my apartment and wonder how i'll manage. i look at my cats and hope they'll manage too. no news on the work permit yet and it's killing me.

i forced myself to go out yesterday, not out like movies or anything, just out of my house, because i had been in my apartment, in my pj's, working on my stuff, not seeing anyone but my cats, not talking to anyone except to my sister on MSN, not even checking my (snail) mail, for a week! now that's pretty scary, even for me. so i went to border's, ate a slice of chocolate-raspberry cake, and read a book about cats so i know what to expect when we move. my life's so much fun.

other than that... i printed chapters 1 through 4 and am reading them all over again to edit them well. i'm just better at doing this on paper. i cut and cut and cut... maybe too much, but at this point i just hope i won't go over 400 pages so cutting things out sounds like a plan. it takes me a day per chapter...

D-day minus 9...

6 commentaires:

At 5/19/2006 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

Not sure what kind of work permit you’ve applied. You can check your application status at http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm. To your right there is a link: “case status and processing dates.” Check the two things, so you can get a sense when your case will be processed. I guess your case will be processed in the CIS center in Lincoln, Nebraska.

 
At 5/19/2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

hum Xiaoye I think she was referring to the visa for the Other Country (the large one, just north of the US) :o)

 
At 5/19/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger lucie a dit:

oh Xiaoye, that's exactly what i need... but it is in the wrong country, musarde is right, i'm going north :) maybe they have a similar website up there... i'll check, thanks for the idea!

 
At 5/19/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

well they do have one but I think you can check the the application you did (not the one the university did) and anyway in my own case the snail mail was always quicker than the update on the website (i.e. I gotthe news for each step my mail before it was put on my profile on the web) - maybe it has improved since then (it s been a few years).

Besides, you can also call them (well I used to be able to) on the phone to know (do not call too often, I had the feeling they kept a log of that). I used to call once a month... and you can talk in the official language of your choice so if you want to speak French... (NB it is normal to have to dial like 100 times before being put on the waiting line... and them to wait for another 60 mn, but in my case it was worth the time because I always spoke to nice and well informed persons). The phone number is somewhere on their website and I should have it somewhere in my papers if you no dot find it (in that case email my or call me).

 
At 5/19/2006 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonyme a dit:

(encore moi) et aussi lundi est un jour férié au Canada ! donc n'espère pas qu il se passe quoi que ce soit entre aujourd hui et mardi car est un long week end et tout le monde part :o)

Bisous et bon courage !

Mu

 
At 5/19/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger lucie a dit:

musarde: :( i hate national holidays! thanks for warning me though.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison