03 octobre 2005

waiting...

100 other responses
2 articles
2 grants
1 TAship for 002
1 job
1 doctorate

...

i really hate waiting...

ps. good news: i will keep my little helper next semester! very cool!

pps. so i come home this afternoon and find an email in my mailbox from someone who's been ... not very cooperative... but to whom i sent a fedEx ($28) with about $80 worth of materials (stamps, envelopes, labels, copies). she says that her teachers don't want to participate after all! that's a loss of about 200 questionnaires. i was writing her a letter saying i understand, thanks, when the phone rang and this program director, that i thought had forgotten all about me and was going to write to, to say don't worry about it, it's too late now anyway, told me that he was sending me 150 questionnaires today. plus the 39 that i got this morning, that'll be... 638 + 150 = 788 questionnaires.

that leaves us with 4 programs that i haven't heard anything from, + the now 3 that have changed their minds, + 1 that my friend decided too late to do, + 2 who never gave me IRB permission, + 1 who did it the wrong way so i couldn't use the stuff, ... that means that a grand total of ... FOURTEEN schools responded (correctly) for sure to my students' questionnaires. haha, i think i started with 50... i would say that overall, i always achieved 1/3 ABOVE my expectations about the number of people who would agree to participate, actual participants, and returned questionnaires. not bad :)

1 commentaires:

At 10/04/2005 5:50 AM, Blogger kiara a dit:

i wouldn't say "not bad", i would actually say "good!" :)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< à la maison